I set out to give a Top 10 of benefits and uses for Baby Butter but ended up with 23 indicating it’s a must have for your baby bag.
- Our baby butter is made with organic, gentle, soothing and nourishing ingredients.
- It’s unfragranced – making it perfect for the youngest baby, those with sensitive skin and those who smell lovely as they are.
- It’s blended with oils rich in linoleic fatty acids – the most beneficial for supporting a baby’s delicate skin barrier.
- We make it without oils high in oleic fatty acids, such as olive, which recent research suggests may not be suitable for baby skin.
- Being rich in GLA (gamma linolenic acid) – makes it helpful for sore or dry skin
- Containing calming calendula oil it soothes chapped, itchy and irritated skin.
- Shea butter and jojoba oil provide natural skin protection.
- A delicious gentle coconut aroma.
- Ideal for sensitive and eczema prone skin.
- Perfect for the face as it is made without beeswax – so won’t block the pores.
- Formulated without tree nut oils linked to allergies.
- The lovely smooth texture means it’s a pleasure to use and it melts on skin contact and spreads easily.
- So economical to use – a little goes a long way!
- Handy – the small size in our baby mini set is ideal for when you are out and about.
- Ingredients from sustainable sources and recyclable packaging mean it’s good for the environment.
- It contains vitamin E which protects the oils from rancidity and gives a longer shelf life.
- It has won 5 awards!
It’s perfect to use:
18. On the bottom at nappy changes to protect against wetness and calm irritation.
19. For winter cheeks – relieve chapped skin but also use preventatively as a protective, nourishing barrier.
20. As a shield against and to soothe soreness from running noses….
21 …and likewise for dribble rash.
22. For nourishing baby’s dry skin patches.
23. On mums too – so far recommended as a lip balm and for cracked heels!
Hazel, a recent tester for Skinsmatter reviewed Nom Nom Baby Butter saying : “Maybe I wasn’t supposed to use it as a lip balm, but I did – and I do. And it’s a delight. My babies also seemed to like it too (which is why it now has tiny little fingerholes in it). I would use these products again.”
I think you’ll agree that’s a lot in one pot!
Jayne Russell has over twenty years of experience as a pre’ and postnatal massage and nutritional therapist and is the founder of Nom Nom – award winning, certified organic pregnancy and baby skincare. Sign up for your free skincare guide “10 Steps to Super Healthy Baby Skin” at nomnomskincare.com